Posted on February 20, 2018
EASY WEIGHT LOSS, GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN PIZZA
Do you love Pizza and also your weight loss?
is is even real to eat Pizza and lose weight?
Yes indeed! And trust me, you will forget the regular floury pizza which only makes you feel bloated and miserable after eating a couple of slices.
Instead try out our Easy Weight Loss, Gluten free, Vegan Pizza recipe and you will never want to go back to the regular pizza.
Indulge guilt free
Cooking Time – 30 mins
- 1 broccoli head (about 500g)
- ½ cup buckwheat flour / millet flour of your choice
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds powder (flaxmeal)
- 1/2 a cup of apple puree (you can make yourself by boiling 2 apples and making a puree after)
- 1/4 of a cup of ice cold water
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil (or 1 tablespoon of dried basil)
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (to grease pizza tray)
Your favorite toppings:
Fresh basil leaves
Fresh spinach leaves
- Vegan Cheese sauce (recipe below)
TO MAKE THE CHEESE SAUCE:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsps Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon tahini
After soaking the cashews in hot water for 15 minutes, drain the water and transfer to a blender.
Add vegetable broth, italian herbs and tahini. Process until smooth.
To Make the Pizza Base
- Preheat oven to 390F.
- Place the flaxmeal in a bowl and add 1/2 a cup of water. Allow it to sit for around 15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed and the chia has formed a gel.
- Meanwhile, place the broccoli in a food processor and blend until a flour like consistency (about one minute). Place this in a nut milk bag and press the bag to remove all excess water (very important step, so please don’t skip it!).
- When most of the water has been removed from broccoli, combine the flaxmeal gel, apple puree and broccoli flour in a bowl. Then add the buckwheat flour, lemon juice, sesame seeds, salt, basil and dried herbs. Mix thoroughly. Pour in the ice cold water. Use your hands to combine the water with the flour, making a sticky dough.
- Line the base of a pizza dish or pie plate with a generous amount of olive oil and sprinkle some flour. Spread the dough evenly on to the plate.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 140 degrees F. Once the base is firm remove it from the oven, add cheese sauce, your favorite toppings and bake again for another 5 mins if needed.
Incase you want to make a white looking base, then replace the broccoli with cauliflower. Both of them inspite of belonging to the same cruciferous vegetables family, still contain their specific nutrients. So you may want to try making with either of them as per your preference and get the best of both worlds.